Friday 8 September 2023

Autumn Meeting at Liberton G C 7th September 2023

A relatively small but perfectly formed group of our ESVLGA crew turned out to take part in the Autumn Meeting at Liberton GC today.


Not the hideous deluge of rain that scuppered our attempt last year, but we did encounter a real pea souper at the 9a.m. KO. I was rather concerned on arrival that we could start at 9a.m. as visibility was no more that 120 yards from the 1st tee. However, all was well as remarkably the course was open. 

I was relieved being ‘the starter’ to see the first four groups all hit straight down the middle then literally disappear off the horizon into the fog but thankfully reappear 3½ hours later without incident.


Congratulations to our three winners Viv Mitchell with a fantastic nett 68 to take the overall nett score, Wendy Nicholson the Scratch winner with a 73 & Dorothy Thompson the Division 2 winner with a nett 71.


Well done also to the 5 players who had a 2.

Ann Sewell @6th, Carole Mason @8th & Joanne Watt, Wendy Nicholson & Jennifer Bryans all @11th.


Sadly one of our staunchest supporters, Elspeth Morrison, who had already decided this would be her last Vets competition, had to withdraw. We wish her well and hope she continues to get out on the golf course. 


In other news while I am here..


I can confirm our AGM, prizegiving & season concluding lunch celebration will be held at Gullane GC on Monday 6th November, starting with meet up coffee etc at 11a.m then 11.15 AGM. 

I intend to send my Captain’s Report (brief, I promise) out in advance so anyone unable to attend will be able to ask me any questions or raise points which I will respond to at the meeting.

More details will follow by email very soon.

Just be aware though, when I say celebration Lunch, I mean celebration as we have some very good news to share at this year’s AGM.


Sal ESVLGA Captain


A full list of Autumn Meeting scores can be seen here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.